Melonpool Film

The ramblings of a cartoonist slowly descending into madness as he attempts to make a puppet movie.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Wall o' Script!

I did a lot of work on the script this weekend. I'm writing it as three Acts -- each of which can stand on their own as a separate "episode." If I can film it all as one film I will, but more than likely, the first act will be filmed and possibly parts of the third, and we'll do the second and rest of the third depending on the response to the first part.

I'm really jazzed about this project... and I think you will be as well! I was going to post some of my notes, but was afraid they might reveal too much about the story. Hope you'll be satisfied with a blurry photo instead. ;)

2 Comments:

  • At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I find your approach to scriptwriting interesting. Maybe if i was doing a script on my own I'd do it that way, but Kids Church (even the full length stuff) is a collaborative effort. We brain storm out loud, take notes, and are each assigned a section of script and write it, with the chief idea person for that particualr script editing it all together.

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger Steve Troop said…

    That'd probably be a better way to do it... but unfortunately, I don't have a collaborator. The script will be workshopped and rewritten extensively, though, so that's where the collaboration will take place.

    I ordinarily write out an outline, then start typing up the first draft of the script, but this time, I kept fiddling with the order of events and figured it'd be better to use notecards to make it easier. I'm still adding details and moving things around, so the final script will keep evolving over the next few weeks.

    Acts II and III still have to be carded and based on the changes I've already made to Act I, I have a lot of work to do. Don't be too surprised if the final result is quite a bit different from the canon of the strip. All I can promise is that the characters will remain essentially the same. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home